Equiduct is an innovative, client driven pan-European exchange designed to enable retail brokers and institutional clients to achieve Best Execution in the most liquid and fragmented cash equities and ETFs. Focused on providing solutions for our members in the post MiFID environment, Equiduct has developed unique products designed to revolutionise retail trading which facilitate order execution against the pan- European consolidated order book. Its focus is to ensure market participants are able to access the best prices available in Europe by utilising a proprietary price discovery mechanism. Equiduct provides pan- European trading across 12 markets covering 16 European headline indices.
In 2019, Equiduct launched Apex: a fully transparent, MiFID-compliant, zero-commission Best Execution service which allows retail orders to execute against the pan-European order book and is supported by a pool of Liquidity Providers and active brokers.
About the job
The Market Operations Team is an operational, client-facing team within Equiduct and is responsible for the day-to-day management of trading and post trade processes.
Reporting to the Head of Market Control, the candidate will be assigned to participate to the following tasks:
- Monitoring of trading activity; auction and continuous trading
- Monitoring Corporate Actions
- Monitoring internal (Equiduct) and external (other markets) incidents status (IT updates, resolution time...)
Trading Environment Operations
- Running Market Ops systems and platforms - Full checks from the start to end of the trading day of the systems (both PROD and UAT – Test Environment)
- After market hours processes including new stock and new client set-ups
- Liaising with CCPs to ensure correct set up of post trade routes
- Internal and User Acceptance Testing of new functionality, bug fixes and enhancements
- Performing the required sanity checks after new releases are implemented
- Maintenance of reference data and the tradable universe
- MiFID II Reporting and Order Record Keeping
- Timely response to client queries, via the telephone, email and in person
- Investigation of market operation trading related queries
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clients including conformance testing and connectivity set-up
- Knowledge and understanding of European equity markets
- Creation and publication of Market Notices
- Documentation and procedural update and reviews
The role is demanding and challenging, focussed on proactivity and error minimisation. As a small company experiencing significant growth, areas of involvement and responsibility are wide-in-scope, and as such the successful candidate will be involved in the evolution of the market and will in turn have the opportunity to broaden knowledge and experience within a fast-paced Stock Exchange environment.
Skills and qualifications
- Masters+ degree from Business/Engineering School or Universities
- Interest in trading environments, trade lifecycle and exchanges
- Proactive approach and self-starter
- Good organizational skills and a positive problem-solving attitude when under pressure
- Ability to work in a high-pressure production environment
- Highly computer literate, including excellent Excel skills
- Fluent written and spoken English essential
- Additional European languages, ideally French, an advantage
- Efficient & reliable
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- Excellent team player with ability to work in a virtual team across locations
- Keen eye for detail
Equiduct’s Spanish office – city centre of Madrid / remote working (flexible regime).
About our interview process
We have a 3-stage interview process which will enable you to meet remotely with various members of our team. This will include Human Resources, the hiring Manager, and other members of our Management Team, including the Country Head of Spain.
About the benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary incentive scheme
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- Competitive social benefits
- All the tech you need
To apply for this job opportunity, please submit your CV to email@example.com