Equiduct is an innovative, client driven pan-European exchange designed to enable retail brokers and institutional clients to achieve Best Execution in the most liquid and fragmented cash equities and ETFs. Focused on providing solutions for our members in the post MiFID environment, Equiduct has developed unique products designed to revolutionise retail trading which facilitate order execution against the pan- European consolidated order book. Its focus is to ensure market participants are able to access the best prices available in Europe by utilising a proprietary price discovery mechanism. Equiduct provides pan- European trading across 11 markets covering 16 European headline indices.
In 2019, Equiduct launched Apex: a fully transparent, MiFID-compliant, zero-commission Best Execution service which allows retail orders to execute against the pan-European order book and is supported by a pool of Liquidity Providers and active brokers.
About the job
To support Equiduct’s strategy and our international expansion, we are looking for a “Country Head” to kick-start Equiduct’s presence and operations in Sweden.
The Country Head role will be crucial to launching and growing our business in the Swedish market essentially and surrounding Nordic region as and when required.
The position involves defining the right go-to-market strategy, acquiring the first trading members, and ensuring that these customers are successfully delivered. This is both a very hands-on and strategic role that involves being able to build a strategy, execute on the sales and collaborate with the rest of the teams in London, Berlin, Madrid and Milan.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Building the country strategy and launch commercial operations
- Developing growth strategy and a business development pipeline that successfully delivers new business
- Establishing strong relationships and gain insight into the needs of the clients
- Supporting and lead new business development including sales presentations, negotiations and other activities as needed
- Collaborating with individuals and teams across Equiduct to deliver new clients
- Meeting sales targets, generating continuing sales opportunities, and achieving forecasted figures
Skills and qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in a Business Development/ Execution role within the exchange space/brokerage industry
- Masters+ degree from tier1 or tier2 Business/Engineering School or Universities
- Granular understanding of market structure for Equities and ETFs as well as the overall retail execution landscape
- Established network within the industry
- Proactive, self-starter go-getter with priority management and strong organizational skills
- Commercially driven and goal-oriented leader
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Demonstrated track record of meeting targets
- Jedi level PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Strong native written and verbal communication skills in Swedish. English is a must, additional European languages a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships across all management levels
- Open to travel (networking/events/client presentations)
Equiduct’s Swedish Rep. office – city centre of Stockholm / Remote (flexible regime).
About our interview process
- Physical interview with Chief Strategy Officer in Stockholm
- Video Interview with Chief Executive Officer & Chief Strategy Officer
- Video Interview with rest of the management team: Chief Technology Officer & Chief Financial Officer
- Video social meeting with key members of the Growth team
About the benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Stock Options
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Health insurance
- 10% non-contributory pension
- 25 days’ paid holiday per year
- All the tech you need